Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Poppies

Good morning all.

I think my senior moments are getting out of control...I sent hubby to the orthodontist with Lora yesterday after school when the appointment is quite clearly written in the diary for today...oops!!

I managed some more crafting yesterday, here is what I made.


I was mooching through all my digi stamps a few days ago and decided I wanted to colour up these poppies from Delicious Doodles. I have used the image once before but I left it uncoloured. Coloured with promarkers before being die cut. Dies all from Spellbinders; paper from Me to You; sentiment, lace, bow and charm from my stash.

I've spent some time trawling the net for promarker colour combinations as I always find it difficult to pick the right shades to blend...Letraset have a brilliant hints and tips section...why haven't I visited it before. I love how this image turned out :) I've decided to add the colours used to my posts so I have a record for future reference!

(Promarker colours used: Poppy, Crimson and Burgundy; Forest Green, Pine and Meadow Green)


Challenges entered:
Digi Choosday - blooms
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Come and Get it - anything goes with a sentiment
Delicious Doodles - anything goes with DD image
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - die cuts and flowers

25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Carol. Perfectly coloured too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carol you have coloured that wonderful image beautifully, the shading is perfect, wow, also love the gorgeous papers a stunning card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is a beautiful image and you have coloured it perfectly Carol. Red and white is very striking, love it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, Oh wow this is really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and image Carol, one of my favourite flowers. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! your card is stunning those Poppies are amazing the colouring beautiful, I love it.
    Off to have a look at that site. I have great difficulty combining Promarker Colours.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Carol I have a poppy stamp that I don't use often enough and as for senior moments I went all the way to the Doctor's last Thursday for bloods to be took and it's tomorrow LOL! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Carol. I love the image and your colouring is stunning.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love poppies, gorgeous card design and beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Carol, you have coloured your poppies beautifully - I avoid colouring with red, I always find it so difficult.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol your card is beautiful. Love how you colored and displayed the Delicious Doodles design. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Delicious Doodles. Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol,
    Have just sent you a private email regarding Promarker charts.
    I'm a sucker for poppies . I love how you have coloured this image.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. Your poppies have so much depth in them. Just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Mari GDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Carol and fabulous card hun and thank you so much for linking up with week at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - hope to see u back soon hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these bright red poppies - which you've colored marvelously. Perfect die to show them off against that sweet white & red dots paper. The red lace was a beautiful trim. This is a very 'happy' feeling card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colouring, Carol. This is such a wonderful image and your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Carol....these poppies are absolutely GORGEOUS! Such a pretty card...Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Anything Goes challenge! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card with pretty flowers!! Love the red! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO PRETTY! Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It This week!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have coloured the poppies to perfection Carol. Such a beautiful card, love the addition of the charm and mesh. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning card, Thanks for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh Carol it's lovely. the little charm is lovely too.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It and
    The Stamp Basket.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carol, your poppies are so realistic. They are fantastically colored. Love the bow on the stems. Thank you for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card, fabulous choice of flower, Poppies...my favourite! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday. wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x