Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 22 November 2014

Snowflake

Good morning all.

Had a busy day yesterday, house cleaned from top to bottom, six loads of washing done and cooked the tea. By evening I was about dead on my feet! An easy day today me thinks.

Another quick Christmas card to share today which I made on Thursday evening.


Made with a few challenges in mind...I cut the largest Spellbinders snowflake die from the white card and replaced it with a slate one, then cut all the other sizes alternating between slate, blue and white card. I used a silver brad to layer them together. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and is stamped with versamark and heat embossed with silver detail EP.
The topper is attached with foam tape to give some dimension...and all finished on the inside.


Challenges entered:
CAS(E) this sketch - sketch #101
CAS Colours and Sketches - colour challenge
Brown Sugar - use two or more colours
Polka Doodles - clean and simple
Stamplorations - stamps and layers

26 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, I love the effect you have created with the Snowflake.
    Have a good weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Carol, such a stylish design and beautiful colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely CAS card Carol. Love your colour choice. Sorry that I haven't been around for a while but its that time of the year again when I leave for Cape Town and I have tons of things to do, finishing scrap books, jewellery and quilts etc. and of course I leave everything to the last minute! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card Carol its really lovely huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake adds such wonderful dimension! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol you card is beautiful loving the snowflake with dimention and the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and so elegant. Love the snowflake die.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Carol, I love your dimensional snowflake.
    I think you definitely deserve an easy day today!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful classy elegant card Carol
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most definitely an easy day needed after yesterday I think. this is such an elegant CAS card, those colours work so well on the snowflake. I really must take a leaf out of your book and make some quick CAS cards to finish off my Christmas card list. Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really fabulous Carol - a super CAS card xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegant, Classy and CAS all rolled into one. Love those chosen colours too.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! That layered snowflake is beautiful and makes all embellishment unnecessary! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, the CAS style is just gorgeous......great colour combo as always.
    aNNie xxx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card Carol! Great take on the challenge! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card Carol! Love your colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super CAS card. Loving that idea of punching a snowflake at the corner of the insert! Great angle for the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully clean and simple - thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch! I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Carol a lovely idea for a CAS card thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/week-46-clean-and-simple-polkadoodles.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous CAS Christmas card, beautiful use of colour and design, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous simple layers. Your card is classically beautiful. Thanks for playing along with our Layer it Up challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. très élégante création Carol, sobre et chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  24. The layered snowflake is fabulous! Wonderful job all around! Thanks for sharing your elegant card with us at CC&S :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your simple, yet very elegant card Carol. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the layered snowflake and beautiful colour scheme. Very elegant card. Thanks for joining our Stamps & Layers challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x