Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Crafting for all Seasons #92 "Anything Christmas but a Card"

Good morning all.

Going out this morning to view a property...forecast wet, windy and snow...think I'll need the winter woollies and welly boots!

Not yet heard any further news on my cousin but must try to remember to ring home today. Lora's guinea pig died of old age on Monday so there was a burial yesterday, thus ends the era of small furry pets - we've had rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs over the years. All my Christmas cards are written, a large batch went in the post yesterday, those with letters in will go today and I think the rest will all be hand delivered.

It's time for our final challenge of the year at CFAS and this time the theme is "Anything Christmas but a Card". We're  looking forward to seeing all your makes. As this is a month long challenge we have three sponsors this time Lacy Sunshine, Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet and Bugaboo who all gave the DT images to work with.

I've chosen to decorate a bag for this challenge.




I've used Scene it - Winter Friends from Bugaboo coloured with promarkers with added stickles then die cut with a Spellbinders rectangle. Papers from Bearly Mine Christmas Wishes which I've layered up digitally. Icicle and scene dies from Marianne Designs. Snowflake die from Memory Box. Sentiment from Stitchy Bear Stamps- Christmas Day Tiny Tickets. Ribbon and gems from my stash.


Fabulous Sponsor 2014
Fabulous Sponsor 2014
Fabulous Sponsor 2014

Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the girls inspiration, you won't be disappointed.

Challenges entered:
Scrap it Girl - wrap it up
Bearly Mine - Christmas decoration
Come and Get It - merry Christmas
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - anything goes with patterned paper
Die Cut Divas - snow and winter holidays
A Gem of a Challenge - anything Christmas
We Do Doobadoo - get festive
Cutie Pie Challenge - anything but a card
Not Just Cards - anything goes

27 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous bag Carol. I love the combination and layers of papers you have used and the image is coloured so beautifully.
    You seem to be very organised about Christmas and up to date with cards and such - send me your secret please - I'm feeling swamped here :/
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one awesome bag design Carol love the layers and papers also the fab image and embellishments I love it
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, great minds think alike lol.....I shared a gift bag today too & in similar colours! Love the digitally layered papers & the little scene die.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Carol is your gift bag and the image is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous festive gift bag Carol, such a wonderful image and lovely details.
    I hope the viewing goes well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful gift bag, love your design, the Icicles, trees and gorgeous snowflake just really pop that charming image. Thank you for sharing with us at the Come And Get It Challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Gift bag, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi carol, just fab, love the image and all the lovely detail, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great bag. So pretty. It's the kind of bag that you give someone a present in it and you want that bag back...............LOL. Really, it is that pretty. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, you've accomplished a great deal - all your cards mailed too. {Sigh - I'm not there yet}. Could relate to the end of the pets era. We didn't have rabbits (we had turtles & birds) but we did the hamster & guinea pig route. No mice - put my foot down there. The G.P was bad enough. Your bag is decorated so pretty. Just love that cute Bugaboo snow group. The icicle trim and the village scene at the bottom are really very special, and the papers are so pretty. Well done. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creative bag Carol, full of special goodies and lovliness. xxx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so sweet and what a lovely way to receive a gift

    Thank you for sharing with the cuties xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous bag Carol beautifully embellished. Wish I had more time to do things like this!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Christmas present bag. Love your design and dies used...with that lovely image.

    Think I need to start making more tags and bags to use for my bulkier designs. Cards made in 2015 are going to be much flatter...just posted my cards and several had to go as small parcel...drat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant and fab gift bag. Love it the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute gift bag.Such a wonderful creation with attention to detail. Thanks for joining us a Come And Get It challenge . Neva

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Christmas Bag. So much care and detail has gone into this creation. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for December.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an awesome gift bag. I really love it, from the image, the icicles & the village scene. It really stands out. Jacqui DT Bearly Mine

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute scene to create on a gift bag.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is soooo cute!!! I love the scene and those icicles! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it, that image is super cute, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous, I just love this gift bag. The image you've coloured is perfect and the designs works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never think to create scenes on gift bags, this looks fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Diecut Divas.Cathie DT





    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful - love this and the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. adorable image+cute icicles=one great project...thanks for taking the December Scrap it Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x