Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 5 April 2015

Friend

Good morning and a very Happy Easter to you all.
Hands up who had chocolate for breakfast? Visitors arriving later so need to get a roast prepared then hoping to find a little time to craft.

Earlier this year I decided to join in the Card Chain Challenge over at Deborah's Society of Stampaholics blog...the idea being you snail mail a card to someone and receive one back from someone else. This is the card I sent to Dawn in New Zealand for the March challenge.


Stamp is from Lavinia Stamps, inked with versamark and heat embossed with black detail EP. Background has been inked using dusty concord, abandoned coral and spiced marmalade DI's.  Base is die cut with a Lawn Fawn die. Friend sentiment is a Spellbinders die which I inked with DI before cutting and embossing. Card is finished with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

This is the gorgeous one I received back from Gail in Norway.


Challenges entered:
Creative Knockouts - dies/punches
Crafting by Designs - anything goes
Crafty Creations - anything goes...no foolin'
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Whimsy Inspiration - use a die cut
Die Cuttin Divas - anything goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad - silhouette
Crafty Calendar - add a sentiment
Simply Create Too - anything goes
Simply Papercrafts - anything goes

16 comments:

  1. HAPPY EASTER Carol, love both the cards.
    Yours is STUNNING an absolutely brilliant scene. Looks like a photograph.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to be involved in, both cards are gorgeous. Happy Easter Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol, such a lovely background and the one you received is beautiful too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, yup, chocolate for breakfast!
    (Made the boys have breakfast first though, shh, don't tell!)
    Great inking on your card, love it, it really makes the black image pop.
    Your card from Gail is beautiful too, I love how she has die cut friends into the background.

    Have a super Easter, Sunday dinner with friends here too so better get moving.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun activity and a really nice way to connect in real life to our internet friends.

    I love the colors on your card. It looks just like the kind of sunrises I see this time of year.

    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. No chocolate for breakfast and non past my lips yet! Will enjoy mine tonight. Two fabulous cards! Happy Easter!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card that you made Carol the background colour and image look fabby.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. two fabulous cards Carol and what a wonderful idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Carol, such a fabulous background, the one you received in return is lovely as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards Carol, just love the colours on the background of your card, really makes the trees pop! Hope you're having a good Easter.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful CAS card love the trees silhouette images and gorgeous rich colours-Thank you for joining us in our very first challenge at Simply Papercraft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards here, I love the sunset colours on the first one, very beautiful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there Carol - hope you have had a good Easter. I absolutely love your card, I love that sort of background. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Add a Sentiment) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck and hope to see you again. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, I love the inked background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

    Hugs, Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x