Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 13 November 2015

Golden Oldie

Good morning all.

Hope no one has blown away yet...our forecast for today is pretty miserable and the high winds are to reach here tonight!

Friday once more, they come around like clockwork  don't they....and the thirteenth at that! My Dad was very superstitious and if he could have stayed in bed on Friday 13th he would have done...if something could go wrong it would that day. We weren't allowed to cross our knives and forks either; or cross on the stairs and he never walked under a ladder...despite being a fireman for forty odd years because they all brought bad luck! I've always wanted to buck the trend just to see what happens lol!

You know the script...I'm joining Erika again to share a Golden Oldie.


Made in 2007, this was hubby's Christmas card. Love seeing parchment craft and this is one of only a few pieces I've ever made myself. I think I gave it to hubby so I could keep it lol. I still have all the gear stashed away, perhaps I'll put it to use when it's unearthed during the move...then again!

Not got any plans for the weekend, think we'll see how the weather pans out...could be a good weekend to craft. Have fun and stay safe everyone.

14 comments:

  1. The weather hasn't been too bad here as yet just a bit wet and windy but I believe the best is yet to come today. I shall be indoors crafting.
    I had a wee go at parchment craft years ago but found I was a little impatient and heavy handed for it, it just took too long and I don't mind fiddly things!
    Your card is lovely, the snowman is cute. The gold tassel give it a real festive feel.

    Thanks for joining me sharing an oldie today, have a super weekend and hope Abigail doesn't affect you too much.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Golden Oldie Carol. He's a lovely snowman. I think snowy scenes are perfect for parchment. I enjoy doing it when I'm in the mood. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So windy here too! so lovely Carol is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    what a great Oldie today.
    Love the parchment snowman, and your wonderful design too.
    Can never do parchment myself I am too heavy handed.
    So I do admire those who can.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fab image and details,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful oldie Carol, I so admire parchment and that was a great idea to give it to hubby so that you could keep it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this golden oldie Carol, my mum is very superstitious but for hubby and I the 13th is lucky for us.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, beautiful card, I love the look of parchmet and the wee snowman is gorgeous. brilliant oldie.
    Our weather is awful too, and we had sleet this morning and it felt so icey when I was in town, staying in and crafting seems like a good idea, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Carol, I love the effect of Parchment.
    Been a horrible day here, perfect for "Crafting"
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowman looks very cute and a lovely 'oldie' to share with us today Carol. It was my hubby's birthday today and he was born on Friday 13 th too - that will explain everything, lol.. he is so unlucky.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous oldie Carol, love the snowman.xx { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great oldie Carol, love the look of parchment craft....never tried it but could be tempted.Have a lovely weekend.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous oldie share Carol, parchment craft always looks so delicate.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fab Carol! No wonder you wanted to keep it! Hope you do get the kit out & make use of it again, it would be a shame not to!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x